History (Chronology)

2015.4 Education and Rsearch Center for Food Animal Health established.
2013.4 Division of Biological Resource Science and Division of Biological Environment Science changed to Division of Applied Life Science and Division of Agricultural & Environmental Science.
Joint Department of Veterinary Medicine established by Gifu University Faculty of Applied Biological Sciences and Tottori University Faculty of Agriculture.
Center for the Development and Promotion of Joint Veterinary Medicine Education established.
2011.4 "Course of Food and Life Science" changed to "Course of Applied Life Science"
2010.4 New ward added to the Animal Medical Center Comparative Cancer Center established.
2009.4 Wildlife Emergency Care Center reorganized as the Research Center for Wildlife Management.
2009.3 Special course in agriculture abolished.
2008.4 Graduate School of Applied Biological Sciences (master's courses: Biological Resource Science, Biological Environment Science) established.
2007.4 Wildlife Emergency Care Center established.
2004.4 Faculty of Agriculture reorganized and Faculty of Applied Biological Sciences (Ouyou Seibutu Kagakubu) was established. As Education Organization, Food and Life Sciences Course (two Sub-courses of Food Science and Molecular Life Science), Agricultural and Environmental Sciences Course (three Sub-courses of Plant Production, Animal Science and Environmental Science and Ecology) and Veterinary Medicine Course (Veterinary Medicine Sub-course) were established. As Research Organization, Division of Applied Biological Sciences was established (one division to one faculty), and it was created to four departments; Department of Applied Life Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Environmental Sciences and Veterinary Medicine.
1993.3 The institute of Department of Mountain Regions abolished and reorganized to the Institute for Basin Ecosystem Studies (converted to River Basin Research Center in 2002).
1992.4 Five master's programs (Agricultural Sciences, Forestry, Agricultural Chemistry, Agricultural Engineering and Poultry and Animal Sciences) were reorganized into three programs; Biological Resouces and Production, Biological Production Systems and Utilization of Biological Resources.
1991.4 The United Graduate School of Agricultural Science (Rengo Nogaku Kenkyuka, Doctoral Course) was established.
1990.4 The United Graduate School of Veterinary Sciences (Rengo Jyuigaku Kenkyuka, Doctoral Course) was established. The Master Course of Verterinary Science was eliminated.
1988.4 Five departments (Agricultural Sciences, Forestry, Agricultural Chemistry, Agricultural Engineering and Poultry and Animal Sciences) were reorganized into three divisions; Biological Resouces and Production, Biological Production Systems and Utilization of Biological Resources.
1985.4 The Experimental Fram was moved to Yanagido, Gifu City.
1982.9 Gifu University (with the exception of the Experimental Farm) was moved to Yanagido, Gifu City.
1967.3 A course specialization system abolished.
1967.4 Two Master's programs of Forestry, Poultry and Animal Sciences in Graduate School of Agriculture were established.
1966.4 Institute for Department of Mountain Regions (Sanchi Kaihatu Kenkyu Center) was attached. Graduate School of Agriculture (Master Course) was established.
1965.3 Department of Vocational Agriculture abolished.
1963.4 Department of Poultry and Animal Sciences (Kakin Chikusan Gakka) was established.
1956.4 A course specialization system (Senkouka) was established.
1953.4 Department of Vocational Agriculture (Sougo Nogakka) was established. The Veterinary Hospital (Kachiku Byouin) was attached.
1952.3 Gifu Agricultural Technichal Collage abolished.
1951.4 A one-year program in Agriculture (Nogyo Bekka) was established.
1949.5 Gifu University was established by the 150th Law of the Establishment of National Schools, and Gifu Agricultural Technical Collage was incorporated into Gifu University. Faculty of Agriculture and Faculty of Arts and Sciences were establlished. The Experimental Farm and Forest were attached to the Faculty of Agriculture. Dr. Mutsunosuke Ninagawa, the mentor from the Ministry of Education, was appointed as Dean of the Faculty of Agriculture, Gifu University, in addition to continuing President of Gifu Agricultural Technical College.
1947.4 Department of Food Processing (Nousan Seizouka) opened.
1944.4 Gifu Agricultural and Forestry College was renamed Gifu Agricultural Technical Collage (Gifu Norin Senmon Gakkou).
1942.4 Department of Agricultural Engineering (Nougyou Dobokuka) opened.
1940.4 Department of Veterinary Medicine (Jyui Gakka) opened.
1937.3 A National forest (Hagiwara, Makishita-gun, Gifu) was transffered to Gifu Agricultural and Forestry Collage, and Experimental Forest (Fuzoku Enshurin) was established.
1931.3 Experimental Farm (Tokushu Noujyou) attached to Gifu Agricultural and Forestry College was established.
1927.3 Department of Agricultural and Forestry Training opened.
1924.4 Gifu Agricultural and Forestry College opened.
1923.12 Established as Gifu Agricultural and Forestry College (Gifu Koutou Nourin Gakkou) in Kakamigahara, Gifu Prefecture. Dr. Rikizo Shoji, Prof. of Hokkaido Imperial University (Hokkaido Teikoku Daigaku), was appointed to the first President of Gifu Agricultural and Forestry Collage.


pagetop ▲